How can i participate in worship?
- During this unusual time of social distancing, you may participate on facebook each Sunday at 8:30 or 10 am during livestream worship. Although physically distant, we are together in spirit.
- You may register in advance to attend outdoor in-person worship in our parking lot at 8:30 am, weather permitting. Registration links are in our weekly ezine and on the online worship page.
- You may also sign up to serve as an usher, reader, prayer assistant or music worship servant for the outdoor worship service. Worship servant sign up links are in the weekly ezine and on the "Sign ups and Links" page of this website.
After our time of social distancing is past, there will be many more ways to participate in worship at Peace Lutheran. The primary way is to just be in worship with us! More tangible assistance is also needed, and each is important and contributes to the life of the congregation.
Before and During Worship
- Greeters & Ushers: Welcome worshipers, distribute bulletins, help individuals find seating, assist with the offering collection, assist with traffic flow during communion, answer questions and direct people to various locations: restrooms, Sunday school, office, etc. Gifts or expertise needed: A heart for hospitality and welcoming others. Training is provided.
- Altar Guild: Maintain and prepare communion and the altar. Preparations are often made during the week and the communion bread and wine are prepared on Sunday before worship.
- Acolytes: Ages 7 and up! Light candles, sit with worship leaders during the service, hand ushers the offering plates, assist with communion distribution. Training is provided.
- Assisting Ministers: Assist the pastor with all elements of worship including leading liturgy, reading scripture, offering prayers. Some expertise needed: ability to read aloud clearly. Training is provided by the Pastor.
- Cantors: Lead the congregation in worship by singing sections of the liturgy.
- Nursery Assistants: Staff the nursery during Sunday morning worship service. Greet children and obtain relevant information from Parents regarding any special needs. Care for & play with children and supervise activities. Assist with room clean up before and after services. Ensure children are signed out to their parents following worship. Gifts/Expertise needed: Love for small children (under age 3) and a security background check which Peace administers prior to a person being authorized to serve.
- Praise Band: Lead the 10:00 AM Worship Service with the gifts of vocal and instrumental music.
- Projectionist: Project worship songs and visual images required during the worship services. Experience with PowerPoint or willingness to learn would be helpful. Training is provided.
If you are interested in serving in worship, contact the church office at 434-978-4357 or by e-mail at email@example.com.